TITLE: Regional Sales Manager – Western North America
REPORTS TO: VP Sales and Marketing
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for growing the sales revenue for AEM commercial products by working with major accounts, manufacturers reps, distributors and AEM applications engineering to create new design wins in the assigned region. Also, the RSM will work closely with and support all existing customers of AEM commercial products in the assigned region to resolve any issues and ensure AEM stays designed-in to current and future product revisions. Must meet or exceed the Booking and Revenue Plan for the assigned region. Will work closely with other AEM RSM's that are managing offshore CM's or EMS providers that are producing products with AEM components for key accounts in Western North America. The RSM will arrange meetings between key customers and AEM product management to facilitate communications for product enhancement or new product development opportunities for AEM's product portfolio. The job is performed with a minimum of supervision. The RSM will regularly report status of sales activities, provide bookings forecasts for the region, prepare, and deliver presentations as requested by customers or as necessary for internal sales meetings. He/She will actively use salesforce.com to input and maintain the regional account and opportunity information to ensure all information is up to date and accurate. Regularly engage with, manage, support and train Manufacturer's Representatives and Distributors in the region. Attend trade shows as required to promote AEM products and generate leads.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create New Business Opportunities for AEM components by engaging with existing customers and penetrating new key accounts in the assigned sales region.
2. Meet the assigned bookings and revenue goals for the assigned region. Track progress to and achieve the Key Performance Indicators as assigned by management.
3. Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the markets, applications, major accounts and customer opportunities that utilize AEM products and solutions in the region.
4. Provide market data, competitive insights, and customer requirements to help deliver products and solutions that meet customer needs and expectations.
5. Prospect and develop new customers and new opportunities in the assigned regions for specific markets and applications. Input and maintain opportunity details and manage proactive actions in SF.com to win the business.
6. Develop, implement, and measure the Regional Sales Strategy and Growth Plan for each target market, including Direct and Channel customers.
7. Provide specific mutual growth plan, incentive plans, product roadmap and training, joint customer visits, trade shows, and customer support to Distributors and Manufacturer Reps. Track progress to plan.
8. Conduct regular business performance reviews and customer visits with Manufacturer Reps to track and close opportunities to meet business goals.
9. Prepare and provide business forecasts, status of design-in progress and new business opportunities in the region on a monthly and quarterly basis.
10. Attend internal and external business meetings to present business plans and relevant topics as necessary.
11. Work closely with existing design-in customers to ensure AEM stays designed into the current customer product and stays designed-in to future products.
12. Negotiate price and delivery terms for strategic growth of the business. Drive business and operation performance metrics as appropriate to gain preferred or key supplier status.
13. Assist with troubleshooting customer relations issues and providing product support/feedback to the factory to ensure customer satisfaction.
14. Adhere to company Travel and Entertainment policy. Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Interface with Regional and Worldwide Sales, Applications Engineers, Product Marketing, Product Engineering, Quality, Planning, Senior Management, MIS, and Accounting.
External: Interface with Customer Purchasing Management and Buyers, Q.A. Engineers and Management, Contract Administrators, Engineers in Components, Design, Test, Process, Project Managers, Marketing Analysts. Coordinate Regional and National Efforts with AEM Distributors and Manufacturing Representatives.
SKILL/KNOWLEDGE LEVEL REQUIRED:
Knowledge of electronic components and an understanding of the engineering design-in process.
Knowledge of Circuit Protection Components and their application.
Knowledge of Electronic Components markets and in particular, Automotive, EV, Battery Management, Battery Powered Tools and Devices, Computing and Communications IT Equipment. Experience and contacts with major customers in major markets is preferred.
Knowledge of Distribution Markets, key players, contacts, current trends and practices.
Strong background in successful technical sales and technical sales management to major industry leaders and Distributors.
2. MANAGERIAL OR SUPERVISORY SKILLS:
Highly organized, self-motivated, a good planner and able to work well with and without direct supervision or support staff. Also, must have ability to direct and motivate people who have no direct reporting relationship to RSM.
Experience managing different customer and sales channels, including Direct, Manufacturers Representatives and Distribution.
Strong direct sales and sales management experience is required.
3. SKILLS DEALING WITH OTHER PEOPLE:
Must have highly effective communication capability and interpersonal customer relationship skills.
Positive attitude, respectful and friendly disposition with all internal and external communications.
Must reside within one of the major Western U.S. Electronics Markets.
Frequent Travel and flexible hours are required with international communication on a regular basis.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Five years direct sales and/or sales management experience in technical oriented business. Experience should be on a regional / national level.
Five years of progressively responsible positions in the electronic components or related industry preferred.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is challenged by identifying decision-makers, trends and securing design-ins at the customer for new products. Dealing with developments in reschedules, cancellations, pricing, planning, and credit issues for external and internal components. Extensive travel and communication with remote coworkers/customers may be required.