The Field Application Engineer (FAE) is responsible for providing technical support to customers and winning designs. This position will focus on the accounts in the territory of US, Canada, and Mexico, but may also need travel to other regions around the world as required by the company. The FAE will be visiting customers on average 2-3 days per week, 2-3 weeks per month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Winning design projects across the customers and applications within the assigned territory. Provide cross-reference support and act as the technical expert from the factory.
• Lead technical discussions and present technical features and benefits of the company’s products. Answer technical product and application questions for our customers, sales force, design engineers, and other departments within the organization.
• Case study and application solution development in combining the technologies and features of our products and application requirements, especially for those emerging markets and new application.
• Develop and provide technical training for employees and customers and must possess the skills to analyze complex electrical and electronic systems for the application of division products and act as a liaison between customers and our intern.
• Design and conduct component and system level experiments and prepare test reports.
• Technical support to customers for product applications, including failure analysis and 8D report.
• Provide regular feedback to company's engineering, product development and marketing teams regarding product development. Serve as a liaison between company and clients, providing technical expertise and support to customers and valuable market feedback data for product development efforts for future releases.
• Project management: track and report project status.
• Support customers from other geographical regions through communication and on-site visits.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. 5+ years of field engineering experience or 5+ years as an electronic system design engineer, power electronics engineer, analog/mixed-signal design engineer, component engineer, or related.
Other Qualifications: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience with PSPICE or SIMPLIS, and experience with circuit board design and layout.