1. Plan and conduct new research and development projects.
2. Determine methods to strengthen or combine materials or develop new materials with new or specific properties for use in a variety of products and applications. Includes glass ceramic, metal, polymer.
3. Improve existing materials and process and develop new formulations for inks, pastes, adhesives, and polymer composites.
4. Train and guide technicians for R&D works.
5. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Qualification and Requirements:
• Education: Typically requires a Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD in Materials Science
• Working Experiences: four or more years with BS degree and two or more years with MS degree.
• Experience with thick film coatings, LTCC, formulation and UV system is desirable.
• Must possess the ability to: (1) understand new concepts quickly; (2) apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; (3) organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, (4) determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
• Language: excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Safety awareness: understand and follow the safety rules and procedures.
• Ability to work independently, using pre-established guidelines and/or instructions with minimal supervision.
• Willingness and ability to work well with fellow employees.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook).