Field Application Engineer
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) is responsible for providing technical support to customers and getting design-ins. The Territory includes US, Canada and Mexico.
This position will focus on the accounts in the territory, but may also require travel to other regions around the world as required by the company. The FAE will be visiting customers on average 2-3 days per week, 2-3 weeks per month.
- Winning design projects across the customers and applications within the assigned territory.
- Provide cross-reference support and act as the technical expert from the factory.
- Lead technical discussions and present technical features and benefits of the company's products.
- Answer technical product and application questions for customers, sales force, design engineers, and other departments within the organization.
- Develop and provide technical training for employees and customers; Must possess the skills to analyze complex electrical and electronic systems for the application of division products and act as liaison between customers and internal teams to solve technical issues.
- Provide regular feedback to the company's engineering, product development and marketing teams regarding product definition and direction.
- Serve as a liaison between company and clients, providing technical expertise and support to customers and valuable market feedback data for product development efforts for future releases.
- Project management: track and report project status.
- Support customers from other geographical regions through remote communication and on-site visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. 5+ years of field engineering experience or 5+ years as an electronic system design engineer, power electronics engineer, analog/mixed-signal design engineer, component engineer, or related.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience with PSPICE or SIMPLIS, and experience with circuit board design and layout a plus.